My heart feels with gratitude to share that I have been employed with local boutique wealth management firm. The intention to share this update is to spread the ray of hope in current situation which has cast dark shadow due to recent challenging employment situations. While Corporate India have started hiring in few industries, changing dynamics showcase the need to approach job-hunting process through effective steps & efforts in appropriate steps.
I would like to share few factors that have been helpful to me in past few months.
· Make customized CV as per the job requirement & craft the content which suits the job description & your profile. Recruiter should get convinced about your suitability to the particular role especially when you want to switch the industry.
· Refresh & update your CV on job portals regularly to reflect your candidature & to signify that you seek employment on immediate basis.
· Continuous up-skilling which is immediately relevant for the job role.
· When you take certifications, share the work you learnt through certifications & attach the link in your CV so that recruiters can go through your work & figure out your exposure & learning.
· Through my academic learning & practical exposure so far, I continuously re-assessed myself in order to answer the main question- what values do I bring to the table & what benefit will I bring to the employer( become an executor of vision etc).
· Being vulnerable about shortcomings with peers & mentors matters a lot. Such situations helped me get assistance from various sources & each piece of advice could bring me closer to short term goals.
· Have perspectives from industry peers & set right target audience to apply for job. While it’s ambitious to apply for coveted role, it’s equally important to understand whether current profile/experience is likely to fit from organisational perspectives. While corporate world faces layoffs, rehiring can focus on experienced professionals where companies can capitalize right away in such coveted roles. People with little experience should be bringing real unique skills & traits & network to overcome these challenges.
· Soft-skills part is very essential. Right set of communication skills & body language can ameliorate chances of ‘appropriate professional to become face of organisation’. Beyond technical skills, soft skills share paramount importance. Employers can nurture the talent through training of technical skills but adequate soft skills should be there.
· Job portals run through algorithm & short listing happens through right set of key words. Professionals who have fine understanding of how searches of keywords work, how Application Tracker System (ATS) works shall tend to get the results faster.
· Have mentors who have worked in industry for quite a while. Their mature perspectives & real life experience can work as wonders in execution process. The directional inputs you get can help invest set of efforts in right direction instead of cold-emailing/calling.
** The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams !**
Team Ace Mentor Club
Image Source: CK Group